- CoffeeScript in Motion: Get your drink of CoffeeScript tips with accompanying sceencasts.
- Gem Versioning and Bundler: Doing it Right: wycats shows you how to get it right when version gems and using bundler.
- #268 Sass Basics: Ryan Bates shows some how to use Sass to improve CSS code in your rails apps.
- Refinery CMS 1.0 Released! (Popular Rails CMS): The Rails 3 based CMS has a new version 1.0. If you haven't checked it, its really worth a try and will save your time later when you will need to look for a Ruby on Rails based CMS.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
- Optimizing Error Pages: Creating Opportunities Out Of Mistakes: Daniel Waisberg wrote an excellent post on customer centered design of 404 pages. He also shows you how to track traffic that goes to the 404 page and how to get some remedy for the lost impression, quickly enough.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
- RailsConf 2011 is live. Watch at http://en.oreilly.com/rails2011
- What’s New in Edge: Scoped Mass Assignment in Rails 3.1: attr_accessible with :as to scope when an attribute is assignable. Nice little convenient feature.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
- asset_id 0.1.5 released with caching support: asset_id helps keeping static assets in Amazon S3 and provides caching support.
- Rails 3: Fully Loaded: Really fully loaded Rails 3 - with all the gems you will probably need on a Rails 3 projects.
- Using Backbone.js with CoffeeScript: Jason Porritt shows how to use Backbone.js with CoffeeScript
Friday, May 13, 2011
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Its sad that I have been away from my Rails reading for about a month now as I had to learn ObjC/iOS/XCode and deliver a project for a client in 3 weeks! Now that it went really well and I am back to my city, I will be back to Rails reading and sharing. Btw, if you are doing ruby exclusively for some time now, I encourage you to take a break and do some Java/ObjC and I can assure you - you're gonna love even more! Here's your Ruby on Rails Drink:
|This refreshing lemonade is captured by|
- Reversible Migrations: Rohit Arondekar writes about the reversible migration feature of the upcoming Rails release.
- Reversible Migrations: Rohit Arondekar shares a video demo of coffeescript goodies with good ol' jQuery!
- Using Backbone.js with CoffeeScript: Jason Porritt shows an example of using CoffeeScript with Backbone.js.
- Why Chef Should Manage Deploying Your Application: Curt Micol tells you why you should let Chef take care of your deployment. Its an interesting post and highly recommend reading it.