- System Test Active Directory Authentication in Ruby: Patrick Bacon shares his code example of ldap authentication with the required test code using Cucumber
- RailsAdmin - Rails 3 engine to view your data: Get out-of-the-box admin page for your rails models using RailsAdmin
- Holy crap! I made $40,000 this year with my eBook. And you can, too.: Hit the right time and get audience monopoly! Excellent post!
- Behind the scenes: 37signals.com Redesign: Jamie shares the evolution of the 37Signals home page design. Not really a Rails thing, but applies to everyone who care about web and design in general. See the iterative design process and be inspired.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Drink shared by
- Ruby in 2010: A Retrospective of a Great Year for Ruby: As you see everywhere at this time of the year, here goes a review of 2010 in terms of Ruby!
- Ruby gems — what, why and how: Get an understanding of Ruby gems and learn how to build your own.
- MacRuby 0.8 Released (and 2 Forthcoming MacRuby Books): Develop Apple Mac app using your favorite Ruby!
- How to Host Hudson CI on AppCloud: Dr Nic Williams writes about installing Hudson CI on AppCloud including the required commands and configuration.
- Cool.io: Node.js-style Event Driven Awesomeness for Rubyists: A simple event framework for Ruby inspired by Node.js.
- Array#first and Array#last parameters: Nice one, did you know you could write [1,2,3,4,5].last 2 to get [4, 5]?
Monday, December 13, 2010
|Photo shared by|
- Lightweight controllers with rails 3: See how to subclass from Metal instead of ActionController::Base to off-load your controller by getting rid of seldom used modules.
- Introducing RGeo, A Geospatial Data Library For Ruby: This gem provides you handy methods for accessing geo-special data using ruby.
- BDD with Rspec and Steak: An elaborate example of BDD using RSpec.
- Crafting Rails Applications: Why I wrote this book: José Valim speaks out about his own book and shares the motivation behind it.
Friday, December 10, 2010
|Photo by Venture Vancouver|
- Book Review: Jose Valim's Crafting Rails Applications: Read my review about Jose Valim's book - Crafting Rails Applications.
- Making sense with Ruby's "unless": Jamis shares 3 ground rules that you should following when using "unless" unless you are already doing so!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
This book is no less than a Ruby on Rails Juice to me!
- Crafting Rails Applications: Expert Practices for Everyday Rails Development: Yet another awesome Ruby on Rails book from the Pragmatic Bookshelf - Jose Valim, one of the core Rails developers, came up with this excellent book on advanced level Ruby on Rails programming. I highly recommend this book to all Ruby on Rails engineers.
- The release of BigTuna - Ruby community rocks!: Learn about BigTuna and how the Ruby community can help you get some traction on your next project! Really inspiring.
- Engine Yard University, Rails, and the Lucky 13: Matt Reider invites attendees for their virtual course on Ruby on Rails - lucky 13 days remaining.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
This fresh lemon juice is shared by
- The DSL gem is looking for a maintainer.: Interested? Contact with the owner.
- Debugging Rails Applications With ruby-debug: If you use NetBeans you already used this feature as it gives you breakpoints and most other common debugging features. Otherwise, you can use ruby-debug as a standalone gem with whatever editor you use.
- link_to with jquery params in rails: You know how to do this? See/contribute to this StackOverflow thread for interesting solutions.
- What is the best practice to get the same behavior from multiple AR objects that are referred to polymorphically? I have run into similar problems before when I had to access similar methods but with different names for different AR models in a polymorphic relation. The SO thread offers really good suggestions.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Photo shared by
- Episode 243: Beanstalkd and Stalker: Ryan Bates with a screencast on Beanstalkd and Stalker that takes care of your background jobs.
- Testing generators in rails 3: Test your custom Rails 3 generators.
- Ruby Refinements: An Overview of a New Proposed Ruby Feature: Ruby refinement suggestion that looks more like the extension methods in C#, finally accepting monkey patching as a formal keyword?
- Phusion Passenger 3.0.1 released: A number of bug fixes is the highlight of this release.
- jQuery and Ruby On Rails: MultiSelect with checkboxes ...: Claudio shares a code example of using jquery multiselect with Ruby on Rails.
- Asset ID – Asset stamping and uploading to S3 for Rails 3: Uploads your assets to S3 and gives you a unique ID to work with.
- Translate your rails app into hundreds of languages using crowd sourcing: tr8n will help you do this!
Friday, December 3, 2010
This drink is captured by
- Virtualize This – Instant Rails in a Virtual Box | Engine Yard ...: Matt Reider shares their virtual environment setup that they will be using for training Zero to Rails 3 so that you don't need to bear the time and expense for travel. If you want something similar, just follow the steps and create your own virtual machine.
- Rubikon 0.5.1 released: Build Ruby based console application using Rubikon.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
This beautiful juice is captured and shared by Deutero
- A (written) interview of Ryan Bates by W...: You have always heard Ryan Bates on his screencasts, here's a nice interview where Ryan talks about his way of working on the Railscasts.
- Getting Setup for Ruby on Rails Development: Danish Khan shares the EngineYard documentation for getting started with Ruby on Rails.
- RubyConf talk of DHH: Why Ruby?