- Grep anything from your Enumerables: Nice little tip to simplify enumerable select.
- Deploying Your Ruby on Rails Application Using Git and Capistrano ...: Cameron shares a capistrano deploy file for the community.
- Mailman from RSoC: Read emails using your familiar paradigm, painlessly.
- HTML5, a complete start up guide: Little digression, but this should be interesting to all web developers. Wondering where to learn HTML 5? Samiron has a list of resources including the already famous diveintohtml5.com.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
Lemonade by floodkoff
- Riding Rails: Rails 3.0: Release candidate!: David announces the release of Ruby on Rails 3.0 RC.
- Episode 223: Charts: Ryan Bates with another great post on Ruby on Rails 3 controller changes.
- What’s New in Bundler 1.0.0.rc.1: wycats on new features of Bundler.
- No Callbacks, No Threads & Ruby 1.9: Gregg Pollack shares the discussion about asynchronous Ruby programming.
- BDDCasts on Rails3 and RSpec2: Having trouble upgrading to Rails 3 with your RSpecs?
- Returning: Did you ever use returning in Ruby? Its a beautiful little ruby of Ruby.
- Roadmap for Learning Rails: A really nice flow for newcomers to Ruby on Rails.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Lemonade and Lime by nickwheeleroz
- Email validation in Ruby On Rails without regexp « La rolls des blogs: Hallelujah shares his email validation example code that doesn't use regular expressions and uses a Rails 3 way of custom validator.
- Concurrency and the AASM Gem: xaviershay discusses about their AASM gem for implementing code concurrency in Ruby.Publish Post
Monday, July 19, 2010
- Rails Best Practices 3: Increase Controller’s readability An example demonstrating skinny controllers and fat models as a Rails best practice.
- Episode 223: Charts: Ryan Bates demonstrates Highcharts as a charting solution for Ruby on Rails apps.
- Why I Like Ruby, Part 2: Blocks: Rob makes his point about Ruby as he shows the beauty of blocks and method_missing!
Monday, July 12, 2010
fatty crab by cherrypatter
- Episode 222: Rack in Rails 3: Ryan Bates demonstrates how to make use of Rack hookups inside Ruby on Rails 3 routes.
- Twelve Hours of Ruby on Rails Video | Cart Craze – the finest ...: doku just compiled a 12 hour video library for Ruby on Rails learners. I haven't had the time to see it all, but looks like its a good one for new comers.
- Rails Magazine Issue 6: 10 Great Articles for Free: Peter Cooper shares Rails Magazine Issue #6, a good collection of Ruby on Rails related articles!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Kiwi juice by Photo Story Teller
- Ruby Tracker, the Ruby Dependency Manager: Nathaniel Bibler
writes about the Tracker that will tell you when your dependencies have updated!
- RSoC status: bringing engines closer to application: Get some updates from whats going at Ruby Summer of Code!
- Design Patterns in Ruby: Adapter: Stefano shares a quick code example of Adapter pattern implementation using Ruby.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Strawberry Juice by Ferry Hattawidian
- New Array and Enumerable methods in Ruby 1.9.2: keep_if, chunk...: A set of newly introduced methods for Array and Enumerable manipulation. Worth talking a look at!
- New Active Record scoping syntax: José Valim has an interesting discussion about scoped and unscoped from ActiveRelation.
- Episode 221: Subdomains in Rails 3: Ryan Bates with his railscast on using Subdomains with Ruby on Rails 3.